Y Ty Dysgu Learning Management System (LMS)
Published on: 9th November 2023 | Updated on: 22nd January 2024
For any queries
Tel: 03300 585 004
New Learning Management System for HEIW Pharmacy
We are pleased to share that our Pharmacy learning platform is changing and now is your opportunity to register for your new Y Ty Dysgu account.
Website address: http://ytydysgu.heiw.wales
Ahead of the launch of the National Clinical Services Accreditation Hub on this new platform from Monday November 27th 2023, we are inviting all Pharmacy individuals to register on the new site before 5pm on 20th November 2023.
By registering for your new account before 20th November, it will enable us to transfer your badges and accreditation information to the new account ahead of the launch.
To help us with this transfer of information please ensure that you:
- Register for your new Y Ty Dysgu account with the same email that is associated with your NCSA learning, to ensure the migration of your learner record.
- All learners who are part way through any of the NCSA courses on the WCPPE platform will need to complete that course by 5pm on 20th November 2023.
- Your registration will need to be manually verified – this may take up to 3 working days to be actioned and confirmation emails shared.
- On registration you will not have access to the NCSA courses or other Pharmacy specific learning until after the launch date.
- NCSA courses will not be available to access on either platform between 21st and 27th November.
- Face to Face training events linked to Community Pharmacy services will be avaliable to book on the new platform shortly after the launch of the courses.
- Foundation Pharmacists should follow the programme specific advice given to them via the Y Ty Dysgu announcement on 27th October.
Although our November 27th launch does not include the transition of all CPD Materials, CPD events, and Webinars, we encourage all users to set themselves up with a new Y Ty Dysgu account before the 20th of November to ensure your migration of information is completed in a timely manner.
If you have not been able to register for your new account before 20th November, you can still register for your new account after this date, however any badges and assessment outcomes will not be aligned to your account on registration and could take up to 31 days to be completed.
Key dates for content availability & further information
- Digital Competency Framework Self-Assessment tool – On Registration
- NCSA Modules – 27th November 2023
- Basic Life Support Training Sessions (Jan – May) avaliable to book – 1st December 2023
- Pharmacy CPD Materials, CPD events and Webinars – January 2024
- Pre-Registration Pharmacy Technician Training Programme – February 2024
Included with this communication is a document that provides instructions and the steps you need to follow to create your account at http://ytydysgu.heiw.wales
Please note the following:
- When you sign up you will be prompted to add your ‘Primary Profession’. Please ensure you select ‘Pharmacy’. You will then be prompted to add your primary role.
- If you work in more than one sector of practice/undertake more than one role, please select your main role and if applicable, you will be able to enter a secondary sector/role later in the registration stage.
- You will be prompted to enter your workplace name and address. Please enter your main workplace address. If you are a Locum Pharmacist, please use Locum Pharmacist + Home address.
- Contact telephone number: we may need to contact you for example on the day of an event. Please add the most convenient number so that we can ring you if required.
- Please only create ONE account
- On sign up you will receive an initial email with a link to verify your set up request. If you don’t receive an email, please check your Spam and Junk folders. If you still don’t receive an email, then you may already have an account. Try logging in or use the forgotten password link if you cannot remember your password. Failing these options please contact us for further support.
Sign Up Process USER GUIDE