CTMUHB: Welsh Language Support
Published on: 1st February 2022 | Updated on: 7th June 2023
All enquiries should be directed to:
The Pharmacy Team at CTM_CommPharmEnquiries@wales.nhs.uk or;
The Welsh Language team at CTT_welsh_translation@wales.nhs.uk as appropriate
(1)Where an NHS pharmacist provides pharmaceutical services through the
medium of Welsh, the NHS pharmacist must notify the Local Health Board on whose pharmaceutical list(5) the NHS pharmacist is included, in writing. –
Inform CTM_CommPharmEnquiries@wales.nhs.uk) who will keep a list of pharmacies able to provide services in Welsh.
(2) An NHS pharmacist must make available a Welsh language version of any document or form for use by patients and/or members of the public, provided by the Local Health Board. – These will be provided by CTMUHB as appropriate.
(3) Where an NHS pharmacist displays a new sign or notice in connection with pharmaceutical services, the text on the sign or notice must be in English and Welsh, and an NHS pharmacist may utilise the translation service offered by the Local Health Board for this purpose.
Contact CTT_welsh_translation@wales.nhs.uk for translation
(4) An NHS pharmacist must encourage the wearing of a badge, provided by the Local
Health Board, by those delivering pharmaceutical services who are Welsh speaking, to convey that they are able to speak Welsh.
Contact Welsh language team for badges CTT_welsh_translation@wales.nhs.uk
(5) An NHS pharmacist must encourage those delivering pharmaceutical services to utilise information and/or attend training courses and events provided by the Local Health Board, so that they can develop—
(a) an awareness of the Welsh language (including awareness of its history and its role in Welsh culture); and
(b) an understanding of how the Welsh language can be used in connection with the pharmaceutical services provided.
Contact Welsh language team for details of relevant courses CTT_welsh_translation@wales.nhs.uk
(6) An NHS pharmacist must encourage those delivering pharmaceutical services to establish
and record the Welsh or English language preference expressed by or on behalf of a patient.” Contractor responsibility (Choose Pharmacy records language preference – reviewing forms for NHS enhanced services to include language preference if not already documented)